by Kunti Dsouza
How to become an effective communication coach?
Becoming an effective communication coach requires you to know two things:
1. Aspects of effective communication
2. The coaching technique
Lets deal with each of them in turn.
1. Aspects of effective communication are: clarity of the message, managing barriers (physical and emotional), providing opportunity for feedback and finally deliver the corrected communication.
2. The coaching technique presumes a belief system that people want to grow and they are willing to reflect on their practices to identify strengths and areas of potential.
Having said that, the technique involves:
1. the demonstration by the coached of his/her performance in effective communication (in this case)
2. followed by a session in which the coach identifies the strengths of the coached and
3. facilitates the reflection by the coached on his/her own problematic areas.
Hope this has helped. Use it and let me know how you get on through the comments link below.
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Do You Have Training Questions?.