|Back to Back Issues Page|
Stories, Games and Articles for EL, Issue -- Experiential Learning 12
December 08, 2011
Experiential Learning 12 - A game to understand Total Quality Management
Here's a game to understand Total Quality Management. A variant of this game is on page: http://www.experiential-learning-games.com/totalqualitymanagement.html. The game is called 'Raw Egg Catcher. The game in this newsletter is called 'raw egg holder'
The Raw Egg Holder
Material Resources: Sheets of paper, coke straws, tape.
When should this Total Quality Management game be played? The game can be played to introduce the concept on Total Quality Management.
Objective of the Total Quality Management game: That participants understand the concept and its components: Collaborative Vision, Team, Standards, Quality Outcomes
1. Form participants into groups of five to six. The maximum number of members that a group is eight.
2. Describe the task. Each group is expected to construct a raw-egg holder, which should protect the egg even when it is dropped to the floor from a height.
3. Each group is provided a sheaf of ten sheets of paper, a bunch of coke straws (not more than 20) and a small roll of adhesive tape.
4. The task should be executed once the team has drafted a plan/design, noted the process of planning/designing.
5. The time for the task is 20 minutes
6. Each group should then drop the egg holder (with the raw egg in it) from a height as proof of concept. If the egg is intact/ without a crack - it indicates success. If the egg has broken or even if it has a crack in it - the outcome is a failure of the design and the process.
7. The debrief should aim to arrive at the components of the Total Quality Management concept. The debrief should direct groups to self-reflection on the process followed, which facilitated success or which resulted in failure.
I would like to hear your comments about my website and/or about this e-zine. You can tell me about it using the form at the bottom of this
To order your e-book and get the bonus go here. It will cost you just $7. Buy it and add the games to your training repertoire. Get a free e-book on Creativity too.
Don't want to buy the book? That's OK. You can still earn from it!
You can earn $4.10 per sale by becoming an affiliate. GO HERE to become an affiliate.
You can also order your leadership profile for just $5 at:on this page.
Would you like to order the brand new Training the Trainer course? It contains an informative presentation and is accompanied with 4 DVDs of a 'train the trainer' training. To know more, use the 'Request Information' form on http://www.experiential-learning-games.com/contactus.html
Are you a teacher for class 1 or kindergarten? The organisation is offering a 3-day English Phonics teacher training for you on the 30th January and on the 29th of February. To know more, use the 'Request Information' form on http://www.experiential-learning-games.com/contactus.html
Thank youThank you all for the enthusiastic response to EL. I hope you like this issue as much as I liked writing it.
|Back to Back Issues Page|